Conditional Use Permits and Applications
Conditional Use permits are required for businesses that would like to be open after midnight, and uses such as bars, nightclubs and event venues. Applications for Conditional Use permits require review and recommendation by the City’s Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) prior to approval.
Technical Advisory Committee
The TAC includes representatives from the following City departments/divisions:
- Building Permit
- Business License
- City Attorney
- Economic Development
- Planning & Development
Permit Approval Process
Please complete the following two application forms:
The forms, accompanying documentation and fee may be submitted online or in person at the Planning & Development office on the 6th floor of City Hall before 2 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Once an application is submitted, public notice is mailed to surrounding property owners and the application is posted on this web page. The public comment period is 15 days.
The overall permit process takes approximately 4 - 5 weeks.
2020 SUBMITTED CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATIONS
- Public Notice CU 20-668 Application by The Venue at Falls Park for an Event venue at 633 S Main St
- Public Notice CU 20-648 Application by Clares Creamery and Confections for Restaurant with outdoor seating at 1635 E North St
- Public Notice CU 20-553 Application by Barber Gallery for barber shop use at 1700 E North St_Approved
- Public Notice CU 20-552 Application by Abanico for nightclub-restaurant use at 21 E Washington St_Approved
- Public Notice CU 20-551 Application by AC Hotel - AuroHotels for restaurant-bar use at 315 S Main St
- Public Notice CU 20-464 Application by The Venue at Falls Park for event venue use at 631 S. Main St
- Public Notice CU 20-309 Application by The Oxford Barber for barber shop use at 1633 E North St
- Public Notice CU 18-384M Application by Gerald Smith to operate Blues Boulevard at 300 River St
- Public Notice CU 20-243 Application by El Progreso Express for office at 1700 E North St A
- Public Notice CU 20-166 Application by Pangaea Brewing LLC for restaurant and brewery at 115 Welborn St
- Public Notice CU 20-162 Application by Pour Lounge for bar at 221 N Main St
- Public Notice CU 20-158 Application by Lynn Strong Fine Jewelry for retail use at 1322 E Washington St
- Public Notice CU 20-137 Application The Open Blade for Barbershop at 109 Cleveland St
- Public Notice CU 20-113 Application by Fifth Third Bank for 24 Hour ATM at 656 S Main St
- Public Notice CU 20-104 Application by Madina Cauthen for event venue at 28 Global Dr
- Public Notice CU 19-989 application by 1503 Overbrook LLC for parking lot at Chestnut St
- Public Notice CU 19-798 application by Angela Boston for bar at 130 W Antrim Dr