Conditional Use Permits and Applications
Conditional Use permits are required for businesses that would like to be open after midnight, and uses such as bars, nightclubs and event venues. Applications for Conditional Use permits require review and recommendation by the City’s Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) prior to approval.
Technical Advisory Committee
The TAC includes representatives from the following City departments/divisions:
- Building Permit
- Business License
- City Attorney
- Economic Development
- Planning & Development
Permit Approval Process
Please complete the following two application forms:
The forms, accompanying documentation and fee may be submitted online or in person at the Planning & Development office on the 6th floor of City Hall before 2 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Once an application is submitted, public notice is mailed to surrounding property owners and the application is posted on this web page. The public comment period is 15 days.
The overall permit process takes approximately 4 - 5 weeks.
2020 SUBMITTED CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATIONS
2019 Submitted Conditional Use Applications
- Public Notice CU 19-758 application by VIP Pet Resorts Inc for kennel at 123 College St
- Public Notice CU 19-773 application by Pendleton Ventures LLC for parking lot at 315 Perry Av
- Public Notice CU 19-819 application by Sibling Group LLC for bar at 730 S Pleasantburg Dr 114
- Public Notice CU 19-692 application by Brumit Restaurant Group for a Drive Through Restaurant at 204 Rutherford St
- Public Notice CU 19-686 application by Double Stamp LLC for brewery at 819 Laurens Rd
- Public Notice CU 19-631 application by Sandra Powell for an event venue to be opened past midnight at 443 Congaree Rd
- Public Notice CU 19-638 application by Darren Vincent to etablish a restaurant and event venue at 1237 Pendleton St
- Public Notice CU 19-477 application by Charleston Sports Pub for a restaurant to be opened past midnight at 15 W Washington St
- Public Notice CU 19-20 application by Nautic Greenville LLC for a restaurant at 101 S Hudson St
- Public Notice CU 19-11 application by Shianna Whitner for a nightclub to be opened past midnight at 200 N Pleasantburg Dr D