- Police Department
- I Want To...
- Online Incident Report
Online Incident Report
The Greenville Police Department is making it easier and more convenient for businesses to report crimes such as shoplifting. With the new online incident report system, businesses can submit their own incident report without having to wait for an officer to respond to their location.
Residents and visitors can also use the online form to report incidents such as identify theft and petty theft (theft of item(s) valued at less than $2,000).
Upon receipt of your report, detectives will review the information you submitted and provide you with a case number. You will also receive information from our Victim/Witness Services Unit.
Please read the instructions below before clicking on the form link:
1. Read and complete the acknowledgement section to determine if the incident can be reported online.
2. Provide the address where the incident occurred to determine if it is within the city limits of Greenville.
3. After confirming the address, you can review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for further assistance.
4. Follow the prompts for each section:
About You Section
Verification of the report requires confirmation by phone or email, so be sure to provide your phone number and/or email address.
Incident Info Section
Upload any documentation and/or video(s) you may have.
- Under Victim Type, select Business, or select Individual if you are a resident or visitor.
- Under Victim Address, enter the address for the business location, or enter your home address if you are a resident or visitor.
- Click on “Add a Property” and provide the appropriate information
- After you save an entry, you can select the Add a Property option again to add as many items as needed
- Note the temporary report ID assigned to you and keep it for your records
- Review the information you provided prior to submitting