- City Clerk
- Election Guidelines
- Nomination & Election Schedule
Nomination & Election Schedule
Beginning & Final Dates
The beginning and ending dates for the nomination and election events held in each municipal general election year shall be in accord with the following schedule (Section 14-3)
- Beginning date for filing statements of intention of candidacy with political parties for nominations by convention or primary: twelve o'clock noon, March 16.
- Closing date for filing statements of intention of candidacy with political parties for nominations by convention or primary: twelve o'clock noon, March 30.
- Party conventions, if party nomination by convention: Any day in the second full week of June.
- Party nomination by primary: Second Tuesday in June.
- Primary runoffs, if necessary: Each two weeks successively thereafter.
- Published notice by city of general election: 60 days before election day.
- Closing date for petition candidates to file petitions with the Municipal Election Commission: twelve o'clock noon, July 15.
- Last date for the Municipal Election Commission to validate petitions of petition candidates: twelve o'clock noon, August 15.
- Closing date for parties to file certification of party nominees with Municipal Election Commission: twelve o'clock noon, 60 days before election day.
- Election day: First Tuesday after first Monday in November.
Nomination and Election Schedule approved by the Municipal Election Commission.
When any date prescribed in this subsection falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the determination of whether an alternate date is required or permitted shall be made in accord with the general law of the state; but the selection of an alternate date shall not change the time of day requirements otherwise provided. Filings submitted to the Municipal Election Commission shall be made with the City Clerk. (Section 14-3)