Downtown trolleys add to the excitement and enjoyment of Greenville's Main Street experience. The red and blue open-air trolleys offer a vintage look and feel complete with a cow catcher on the front and wooden bench seats inside. Trolleys are wheelchair accessible and are equipped with bicycle racks.
To ensure safety, passengers are restricted to board and exit the trolley at designated trolley stops.
Owned and operated by Greenlink, the downtown trolleys are the result of a public-private partnership between Greenlink, the City of Greenville, South Carolina and The Greenville Drive.
Downtown trolleys operate on a fixed-stop system, making a continuous loop along each route. To board the trolley along the routes, passengers must stand near one of the trolley stop signs.
Route 901: North Main Route Map (PDF) - The North Main Route operates Thursday & Friday from 6 - 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 - 8 p.m.
Route 902: South Main Route Map (PDF) - The South Main Route operates Thursday & Friday from 6 - 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 - 8 p.m.
Route 903: West End Route Map (PDF) - The West End Route operates Thursday & Friday from 6 - 11 p.m.; and Saturday from 5:30 - 11 p.m.
Route 904: Attractions Route Map (PDF) - The Attractions Route operates Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 - 8 p.m.
- Trolley drivers may only allow passengers on and off the trolley at designated stops.
- To alert the driver you are ready to disembark, pull the yellow cord that runs along the wall at seat level. Once you pull the cord, the driver will let you off at the next designated trolley stop.
- The maximum ride time is one complete loop of the trolley route. Passengers may not remain on board the trolley continuously.
- Trolleys are not available for private events.
- Drinks must have a secure lid, something that screws or snaps on and won’t fall off or create a spill if the drink is dropped on the floor of the trolley. Food may not be consumed while on board the trolley.
- No person shall bring or carry aboard a vehicle, or take into a station, any animal not housed in an enclosed animal carrier. The animal carrier must not exceed 19”x13”x9” in size, have ventilation on 2 or more sides, and be leak- and escape-proof. Animals must be able to stand up, turn around, and lie down in their carrier. Service animals are exempt from this policy.