You are invited to review documents relating to these applications before the public hearing. Application materials are posted online at http://www.greenvillesc.gov/drb. You may contact the Planning Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information. Application materials are subject to change.
You will have the opportunity to voice your comments at the public hearing. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. Repetitive statements should be avoided; individuals sharing similar concerns are encouraged to appoint a spokesperson to represent their group. Alternatively, you may submit written comments to: Planning & Development Office, PO Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602, by fax at (864) 467-4510, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments must be received by 2PM Monday before the hearing in order to be given adequate time for consideration by the Board before the hearing. Comments received after 2PM Monday will be provided to the Board at the hearing. Please reference the application number and include your name and address on all correspondence. All comments will be made part of the public record.
In some cases the applicant may be required, as part of the application process, to hold a neighborhood meeting before the application is heard by the Board. Property owners within 500’ of the application site would then be notified by mail. A property owner that directly abuts the proposed project or owners of 20% of parcels within 500’ may also request a meeting. Contact the Planning and Development Office for further instructions.’
Webex Meeting Instructions
Steps for Online Access
- Visit greenvillesc.gov/meeting. You can also go to greenvillesc.gov and click on ONLINE MEETING.
- Join Event: Design Review Board Meeting – Neighborhood Panel 7/2/2020
Enter your: First Name
Enter your: Last Name
Enter your: Email Address
Enter the event password: meetnow
Click: Join Now
Steps for Phone Access
Remote Viewing Location
- Dial: +1-415-655-0002
- Enter Access Code: 129-393-8034
A remote meeting viewing location has been set up at the Greenville Civic Center at 1 Exposition Drive in Room 102.
All attendees at the remote viewing location will be subject to a temperature screening with a touch-less forehead thermometer. Anyone with a temperature reading above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted. Attendees will be required to wear a covering over their mouth and nose, unless it violates a religious tenant or belief or causes difficulty breathing. The City seeks input from citizens while adhering to public health and safety guidelines.
Procedure for Public Comment during Meeting
1. The Design Review Board Chair will read through each agenda item and call for a list of names who wish to speak during public comment. The public shall communicate directly with the Planning Staff Liaison if they wish to speak on the specific agenda item.
2. The Planning Staff Liaison will take a list of names, which will be called in order at the time of the specific agenda item, to provide public comment.
3. The Planning Staff Liaison will communicate directly with the public during the public portion of each item to provide comments on the specific agenda item.
4. Each member of the public shall provide their comments when their name is called by the Planning Staff Liaison.
5. Each member of the public will have 3 minutes to speak on the specific agenda item. When speaking:
⦁ Begin by clearly stating your name and address for the record. Please spell your name if it is prone to be misspelled. The 3-minute timer will start after you provide this information.
⦁ Please do not repeat information already presented by someone else and avoid off-topic statements. Those who wish to share similar concerns are encouraged to appoint a spokesperson to speak on behalf of the group.
⦁ Direct all comments and questions to the chairperson, who will respond or direct the question to the appropriate party for response.
6. The Planning Staff Liaison will continue through the list of names until all members of the public who wished to speak on the specific agenda item have had an opportunity.
7. Once all names are called and public comment provided, the public portion for that specific agenda item will be closed.