The City plans to add concrete medians at 12 busy intersections this year, and will hold a public meeting to inform residents and seek feedback on their plan.
Residents are encouraged to attend the drop-in meeting, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 11, at the Greenville Convention Center, 1 Exposition Way.
Using the 2015 Intersection Safety Study as a guide, city engineers have identified the locations (mapped below) most in need of these safety improvements:
- Laurens Road, at Haywood Road and Woodruff Road
- Laurens Road, at North Pleasantburg Drive
- Laurens Road, at Woodruff Road and Marketplace Drive
- Pleasantburg Drive, at Rutherford Road
- Pelham Road at East North Street
- Pleasantburg Drive at Villa Road/Century Drive
- South Pleasantburg Drive at Littlejohn Lane
- Patewood Drive at Enterprise Boulevard
- Woods Crossing at the Haywood Mall Entrance
- Pleasantburg Drive at Mauldin Road
- Haywood Road at Orchard Park Drive
- Laurens Road at Washington Street
Residents are encouraged to attend the drop-in style meeting to review detailed plans with city engineers.